THE FLAG opens Senior Living in SpainTHE FLAG opens Senior Living in Spain https://the-flag.de/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/The-Flag_Costa-del-Sol_fassade-web-1.jpg 900 600 THE FLAG https://the-flag.de/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/The-Flag_Costa-del-Sol_fassade-web-1.jpg
The family-run company THE FLAG opened its first senior living apartment building in Spain today. The building is designed to meet the needs of guests aged 50 and over. The concept sets new standards in Spain, as there were no apartment offers specifically geared to active seniors there until now.
Rüdiger Hollweg, General Manager of THE FLAG Costa del Sol says: “Long-term and short-term guests are all offered a home away from home that never feels like a club holiday. Our guests can live independent lives here and still be part of the community. Depending on their personal preferences, they can choose from the wide range of offers, or they can keep to the comfort of their own flat.”
At the opening, the mayor of Estepona, José María García Urbano, said: “We are very pleased that this project could be realised in Estepona. The result is really something to be proud of, for the architecture and the concept.”
With its 78 barrier-free apartments, THE FLAG Costa del Sol offers accommodation ranging from 60 m² flats to two penthouses of around 380 m². All flats have air conditioning, kitchenette, Wi-Fi and fibre optic communication technology. There is a heated saltwater pool in the building as well as a spa area where guests can enjoy different types of massages and a sauna. Many more services are on offer. E-charging stations, which are fed by the hotel’s own photovoltaic systems, are available in the underground car park. In the hotel’s own restaurant, dishes are specially adapted to the 50+ target group.
The project was developed and built in Spain by THE FLAG and has now been integrated into the group’s existing portfolio. Managing Director Dr Eike Muhr emphasised that THE FLAG is currently focusing on growth in the area of apartments for active seniors. The commitment abroad is due to the scarcity of developable land and real estate in Germany as well as the regulatory complexity. In the future, THE FLAG would like to concentrate more on project developments in Germany that involve the conversion of existing buildings.
More detailed press release in German, Spanish and English.
THE FLAG Costa del Sol: key facts
- Calle Trajano 16, 29688 Estepona, Spanien
- 78 Apartments
- Start of construction: August 2021
- 13,500 m² gross floor area
- Apartment sizes ranging from 60 m² to two penthouses measuring 380 m²
- Balcony or loggia
- Floor-level bath with rain shower
- Fully automated air conditioning
- Wi-Fi and fibre optic technology (TV / internet / communication)
- Direct access to the sea via a barrier-free path
- Restaurant with Energy Cuisine (adapted to individual dietary requirements)
- Hammam / spa, massage and physiotherapy (adapted to individual health needs)
- Heated saltwater pool
- Medical consultation on site
- 24/7 doctor, cooperation with German and multilingual clinics
- Personal Training
- Yoga and Pilates, water gymnastics (individual or group classes)
- E-bike rental
- Hairdressing salon, cosmetics, manicure and pedicure
- Driving and shopping service
- Sixt car rental on site
- Flower delivery service (directly to the apartment)
- Regular shuttle service to the old towns of Estepona, Marbella and Puerto Banus
- Shuttle service (E-bus) to Málaga and Gibraltar airports
- Laundry service
- Storage facility for personal belongings
- Underground parking spaces, e-car charging stations
About THE FLAG
For more than 12 years, THE FLAG has been developing and operating residential offers for students, professionals and senior citizens. The family-owned company offers this specialised form of communal living and care in Germany, Switzerland and now also in Spain. Meanwhile, the company’s portfolio includes 19 houses with over 2500 high-quality, well-located flats.
Press Photos – Senior Living Costa del Sol
Telefon: +49 (0)69 156 296 24